5 Ways Churches Can Leverage Mobile Micro Video (Plus 9 Examples!)
Vine and Instragram Video are two mobile micro video apps that are taking the social media world by storm. They enable people to make short (6-15 second long!) videos to share with their followers. The interfaces on these apps are simple to use and they are made for quick sharing.
You should consider adding these to your social media toolkit because they can quickly generate engaging content that your people will want to share. Below are some ways your church could use these services as well as some examples of marketplace brands that are using mobile micro video services to engage with their audiences.
- Band Warming Up // Why not post a quick video of your band in the morning as they are getting ready for your guests? [The Today Show posted a video of a Harrison Craig performing from it’s sound stage.]
- Lo-Fi Animation! // You can use these tools to make stop motion animation pretty simply. Do you have some stuff to animate to catch your churches attention? [Love this post it note animation!] [Show the prizes from a giveaway is a great idea!] [This Toyota one is so great!]
- Behind the Scenes // Provide some sights and sounds as your team works to get ready for a big event! [Starbucks posted this video from their original location … fun to see the energy inside!] [This band gave a look at the production of it’s next album.]
- How-To // Launching a new “check in” system for your kids ministry? Want to show people where to recycle their water bottles after they are done with them? Make a quick and quirky “how to” video! [Check out this companies video … mostly on “how to buy more stuff”.] [A video from Bacardi on how to make some drink.]
- Do Something Wacky! // People like fun! See what nutty ideas your team can come up with that generates a smile. Try a bunch of fun ideas and see what happens! [Target took Vine for a spin!] [Sharpie markers trying to look cool!]
How have you seen these services used to engage? I’d love you to share some examples in the comments!