Assimilation: Who comes to your church?
90% of first time guests decide against staying at your church – this should be a concern for us.
Before we move onto some tactics that we working on around Liquid . . . first we need to figure how deep the hole is.
Do you know how many visitors arrive at your church each week? Do you know how many of those stick?
You can’t build a bridge if you don’t know how wide the river valley is. Getting “first time guests” to identify themselves is vital!
You need to give first time guests . . . something . . . in order to trigger the ability to count that interaction. Things that we’ve given away in the churches I’ve led:
- Welcome DVD – Don’t overkill on content . . . think quick, lighthearted interactions!
- Gift Bag – Grab a great message that really represents the church well, put together a quick brochure about the church, a pen and voila! A gift.
- Chocolate – Need I say more . . . chocolate is memorable and almost universally loved.
- Movie Passes – A great tie in if your church meets at a theater!
- iTunes Gift Cards – We’re doing this for a series this fall.
We’ll talk later in the week about what to match with the gift . . . but first you need a reason for people to want to identify themselves as new.
What can you give away? What have you seen that works great? Let’s share some great first time gift ideas!